Dalmacio V. Posadas, Jr. is an Associate with the Los Angeles office of Ellis George Cipollone O’Brien Annaguey LLP. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Posadas previously practiced at a civil litigation and criminal defense boutique in Los Angeles. During law school, Mr. Posadas was the Editor-in-Chief of the Loyola Entertainment Law Review and a member of the National Moot Court team where his team was first runner-up and won best brief in the competition.
- Law Clerk, Magistrate Judge Shashi H. Kewalramani, United States District Court for the Central District of California (2017-2018)
- Law Clerk, District Judge Dale S. Fischer, United States District Court for the Central District of California (2018)
State and Federal Civil Matters
- Successfully represented five female employees of a large advertising agency for employment discrimination based on age, sex, and gender, and harassment, wrongful termination, and wage disparity, which resulted in a multi-million-dollar settlement.
- Successfully represented two clients in Anti-SLAPP litigation resulting in a dismissal of the Complaint with prejudice.
- Successfully had Complaint against client mortgage broker dismissed through a Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement agreement for client in construction site injury Complaint.
- Successfully argued against a demurrer to a client’s Cross-Complaint for violation of Business and Professions Code section 17200, indemnity, and Cal. Penal Code § 496, which resulted in a favorable settlement agreement for client.
- Represented entertainment production company in breach of contract and fraud claim.
- Represented Internet advertising agency in arbitration.
- Successfully negotiated the transfer of website domain name to client under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.
State and Federal Criminal Matters
- Successfully negotiated complete dismissal of client’s charge for misdemeanor manslaughter and successfully argued for the reinstatement of the client’s driver’s license during the corresponding administrative hearing.
- Successfully argued that an alleged victim’s restitution related to a client’s hit and run charge was unreasonable.
- Drafted several Ninth Circuit briefs regarding sentencing issues
- Drafted Motion to Suppress and Reply Brief related to client’s unlawful stop, search, and seizure.
- Assisted in getting charges against a client dismissed and the sentence vacated on appeal in the Ninth Circuit.
Government Tort Liability and Civil Rights Litigation
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement in Ninth Circuit civil rights appeal against the California Department of Corrections.
- Represented Plaintiff in Brown Act litigation against local municipality.
- Represented a client for 42 U.S.C. § 1983 case regarding off-duty police officer’s abuse of position resulting in multi-million-dollar verdict, which included punitive damages.
- Represented fire department union and individual firefighters in 42 U.S.C. § 1983 case against a city and the fire chief for violation of First Amendment rights.
White Collar Fraud
- Defended large financial institution in FINRA arbitration.
- Defended real estate developer in a complex case involving multiple properties and parties.
- Represented mortgage broker in administrative proceedings in several states and in the Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau.
- “The Internet of Things: The GDPR and the Blockchain May Be Incompatible,” 21 No. 11 Journal of Internet Law 1 (2018).
- “Regardless of the Outcome in United States v. Carpenter, the Stored Communications Act is Problematic,” Apr. 3, 2018, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology.
- “After the Gold Rush: The Boom of the Internet of Things & the Busts of Data-Security and Privacy,” 28 Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal 69 (2017).
- “The Internet of Things: Abandoning the Third-Party Doctrine & Protecting Data Encryption,” 53 Gonzaga Law Review 101 (2017).
- Selected to the Southern California Rising Stars list, 2020–2022
- Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School, teaching Appellate Advocacy
- Coach of Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Federal Bar Association’s Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Team (2019-present) and National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Team (2019-present)
- Federal Bar Association, Editorial Board
- Articles Editor for The Federal Lawyer
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D.
- University of California, Riverside, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California