Kathryn L. McCann’s practice focuses on general business matters, real estate litigation, contracts, and entertainment. She also has experience in several practice areas including securities fraud, premises liability, corporate tort, and products liability. She has handled cases in California federal and state courts, the California Court of Appeal, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as well as before various arbitral tribunals and administrative hearing boards. In addition to her law practice, Ms. McCann serves as a volunteer judge for Loyola Law School’s trial advocacy and moot court programs.
- Member of the arbitration team representing a documentary producer against a co-producer. After a contentious arbitration, the arbitrator awarded our client full rights to the disputed footage and over $700,000 in attorneys’ fees. The Los Angeles Superior Court confirmed the arbitration award.
- Member of the trial team in the case of Bowen v. A.W. Chesterton, et al., LASC Case No. BC 372150. After a five-week trial the jury deliberated for one day, returning a verdict in favor of our client. The matter was not appealed.
- Defended a global real estate brokerage company in several complex and related securities fraud class actions. Our client prevailed on demurrer. The California Court of Appeal affirmed.
- Defended a global bank in a case involving an alleged conspiracy and RICO violations. Our client prevailed on a motion to dismiss. The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed.
- Defended one of the nation’s largest commercial real estate owners and developers in a multi-million dollar premises liability action resulting from an elevator accident. Our client prevailed on summary judgment. The matter was not appealed.
- Selected to the Los Angeles Business Journal‘s “Women of Influence: Attorneys” special issue for 2022
- Selected to the Southern California Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers Magazine (2012-2021)
- Member of the Public Counsel Board of Directors
- Irish American Bar Association
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2006
- Florida State University, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit