Milin Chun is Senior Counsel at Ellis George Cipollone O’Brien Annaguey LLP. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including consumer class actions and general business disputes, as well as defamation claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Chun was a senior associate at Boucher LLP, where her practice focused on civil rights, class action prosecution, mass tort litigation, and terrorism-related cases. Ms. Chun also previously practiced at a litigation boutique in Baltimore, Maryland where she focused on federal white-collar criminal defense and appellate matters. She represented clients in criminal investigations, including the Hobbs Act, Contraband Cigarette Trafficking Act, False Claims Act, securities fraud, money laundering, wire fraud, and tax evasion.
Ms. Chun earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of California, San Diego. She then obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore, where she served as the Managing Editor of the University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender, and Class. Following law school, Ms. Chun clerked for the Honorable Gale E. Rasin in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
Ms. Chun previously served on the Editorial Advisory Board for the Daily Record, Maryland’s business and legal newspaper.
Ms. Chun was selected to the Maryland Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list from 2013 through 2015 and to the Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list from 2016 through 2017.
- Successfully drafted appellate brief in Agurs v. State of Maryland, 415 Md. 62 (2010)
- Successfully drafted and argued Aluya, et al. v. Management & Training Corp., appeal no. 15-16581 (December 22, 2016), in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Represented plaintiff in Garza v. County of Los Angeles, et al. and obtained $5.9 million settlement
- Represented victims of terrorist attacks in Kenya and Tanzania against the Republic of Sudan and the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Represented the former CEO of a public company charged with securities/insider trading/tax fraud in a nine-month federal court jury trial
- University of Maryland, J.D., 2007
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., 2003
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska